i am the wife of a wonderful husband, mark, who is the best singer and DJ in the world. :) i have one son, and he is a wonderful gray and black great dane named quinn. (really, he is my child. i can't even imagine how much i will love my own children when the time comes, because i can't even begin to describe to you how much i love my dog!) i have lots of other family that i am close to as well. we're big family people.
i have a passion for working with people with disabilities, which is what i do now. i am a recreational therapist. i love what i do, it is so much fun. my husband and i met at a camp for children with disabilities. he proposed to me there as well, two years later (and commence..."awww!").
ABOUT THE BLOG: i have been asked why i chose "let birds fly" as my blog title. when i was little i wanted to be a bird. they are so free. they are innovative. they can easily see the world. and, well, they can fly and how cool is that?! anyway, "let birds fly" to me is accentuating freedom in what i do, whether it be via my creativity, health, recreation, work, love, relationships, etc, but most of all my freedom in jesus. this blog highlights the importance of wellness - ALL aspects of it. and through this blog you'll get to peek into my journey of instituting complete wellness in my life! thanks for stopping by!
HOW TO CONTACT ME:.e-mail
.husband's business website (shamless plug!)
RANDOMS:1. i am texan born and raised, but i have lived in hawaii as well, and wouldn't mind moving to other places. preferably portland or boulder or moab or hawaii again....
2. i love learning. i want to go back to school to get my masters. and then my doctorate. and then possibly a second doctorate....
3. i follow the old rules of e-mail and internet etiquette. they don't really apply so much anymore, yet i still feel the need to obey. therefore, you will rarely see me capitalize on the web unless there is a good reason for doing so.
4. i am a grammar nazi. what irritates me the most is the improper use of apostrophes. for instance, a child learns his ABCs, not his ABC's. :)
5. i dislike cats very much. the only reason i wouldn't use the word hate when describing my liking for cats is that there was one cat i liked in my life. his name was frodo, and he acted like a dog. i love dogs too much, and want to adopt dogs with disabilities. :)
6. i hate shopping for clothes, but i love grocery shopping.
7. i'm an outdoor junkie. faves=mountain biking, backpacking, climbing, and hiking, but anything outdoors will do.
8. i'm a fantasy nerd. favorite books=peter pan, harry potter, lord of the rings, chronicles of narnia, the princess bride, twilight series, his dark materials trilogy, sabriel series, and the inheritance cycle. i am also a snob when it comes to these books. see #9.
9. i don't like the films of above mentioned books except the peter pan made in 2004, the princess bride, and the chronicles of narnia are okay.
10. when i travel, i either stay in tents, hostels, or on a friend's couch. i am the cheapest traveler ever.
11. i like going fast, especially when it comes to things that could potentially hurt me. for example: tubing (snow or water), sledding (snow or sand), go-carts, skiing, rollercoasters, zip-lines, skydiving, rolling down hills (snow, sand, grass, or dirt), etc. i do not like going fast in cars, though. if there weren’t any other cars around…then maybe.
12. i'm a very tactile person. i touch almost everything i see.
13. i like to play the devil’s advocate way too much. but it really is useful to some who are trying to make a hard decision. you’ll know after talking with me which decision you think will be best for you. i’ll never tell you what i think you should do, though. i’ll only ask questions that will make you think more.
14. i am a good at debating and arguing. in fact, i won a debate against my government teacher in 12th grade. but it does get me into trouble at times.
15. when i get really nervous, or am talking about something personal, or am feeling really vulnerable, i start shaking and twitching uncontrollably. and it doesn’t stop for a while. back in the old days (heh), this would sometimes happen if i was talking to a boy i fancied or something, and they would ask me if i was cold, and i would lie and say yes.
16. we don't have a cable provider. we did at one point, and it was a waste of money, time, and LIFE!
17. in our first year and two months of marriage, we lived in 4 different cities.
18. i love sports AND i love to dance AND i love to craft/cook? weird.
19. we went rock climbing for my bachelorette party. SO fun.
20. my hair is NATURALLY blonde. no, i do not dye it. or highlight it. i know, it looks like it i guess, but i promise i don't. i do not dye my hair because of toxins in the chemicals, and because it costs money to dye, and i need that money :)
21. my husband is a wedding singer/DJ. and he is the best at what he does. he also has a voice like an angel; when i feel particularly low and he's not around, i just put one of his songs on and it cheers me up.
22. i may look like i'm only 17, but i'm 24. i promise.
23. i will add to this as time goes on!