baked chicken with asparagus
4 boneless, skinless, organic chicken breasts, thawed
4 cups water
4 tbsp sea salt
1 bunch asparagus, woody stems removed
4 bay leaves
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
dash of salt and pepper, to taste
1. to make the brine, mix together 4 cups of water with 4 tbsp of sea salt until dissolved. place chicken breasts in brine, cover, and let sit in fridge for no less than one hour, but 2-3 hours is best.
2. pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
3. spread parchment paper or foil on a cookie sheet or in bakeware and arrange chicken on them in a single layer.
4. top with lemon slices, bay leaves, rosemary, and thyme.
5. arrange asparagus around, on top of, or beside chicken.
6. fold the parchment or foil edges together, crimping to enclose the chicken in a packet, making sure the chicken stays in a single layer.
7. bake for around 25-30 minutes, until internal temp of chicken has reached 160 degrees (or until pink is cooked out).
8. remove lemon slices and bay leaves.
9. add salt or pepper if necessary (but most likely will not be because of brining), or serve with lemon wedges for seasoning.
- lessen cooking time if cooking less than four chicken breasts. start at 15 minutes for two chicken breasts.
- the longer you brine, the saltier it will get. do not brine chicken for too long. there is such a thing as too moist and def too salty.
with much foodlove,