i find it hard to eat breakfast. don't get me wrong, i LOVE breakfast foods; it's eating in the morning that i don't enjoy too much. example: i can't have just eggs in the morning; my tummy will get queasy. to be able to stomach food in the morning, the meal either needs to be very neutral (like toast or an avocado) or just the perfect combo. i think i found the perfect combo. it is full of flavor, yet not too many flavors that conflict each other. the ingredients in the sandwich add up perfectly.
2 slices gluten-free bread (i use udi's for this meal)
1 egg, fried over-easy
2 slices turkey meat
1 slice raw mild cheese (i used monterey jack)
1. place cheese and slices of turkey on one slice of bread.
2. place bread (both plain slice and slice with cheese and turkey) onto baking sheet and broil in oven until lightly toasted and cheese begins to melt.
3. after placing bread in oven, crack an egg and start frying on medium low.
4. while bread is toasting and egg is cooking, mash 1/2 avocado with fork or potato masher.
5. take bread out of oven and spread avocado on slice without cheese and turkey.
6. egg should be done (over-easy) by now; place egg on top of turkey.
7. taking the slice of bread with avocado, place on top of the rest of the sandwich.
8. slice on the diagonal, making sure you are slicing into the yolk of the egg.
9. let sit for a second before spreading sandwich apart so sandwich can soak up most of yolk.
- of course, if you get queasy with over-easy (heh), you can always sub with a scrambled egg. that would be good too.
- don't let bread toast too much, you want the bread to be able to soak up the yolk.
- to make sure you aren't cooking the egg too long, while frying, tap yolk every once in a while with spatula. if it is still jigglin, then it's still easy. you don't want an over-well egg. talk about a dry sandwich.