this is one of my favorite recipes, because it is so easy, quick to make, is healthy, and tastes super good. also, i love soups a whole heckuva lot, especially now since the weather is finally cooling off down here in tejas. hope you enjoy!
black bean soup
two 15oz. cans organic black beans, undrained
one 15oz. can organic kidney beans, undrained
12 oz. vegetable stock
1 cup salsa
1 tbsp chili powder
1. mash ONE can of black beans with potato masher, food processor, or immersion blender.
2. pour all cans of beans (kidney and black) into saucepan, as well as mashed up can of black beans.
3. add vegetable stock, salsa, and chili powder.
4. bring soup to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes.
5. if desired, top with cilantro, cheese, sour cream, pico, guacamole, avacado slices, lime, or onion, and serve! (we used cilantro and raw milk cheese....yay raw!)
- depending on how thick or thin you like your soup, you can add more or less vegetable stock.
- also, chicken stock will work in place of veggie stock.
- really, for this recipe, you can use any beans you want. this is just my fave combo.
- doesn't really matter what kind of salsa you use, that's the greatness about this recipe! if you want more heat, go for a spicier salsa, but if you can't take the heat, go for mild.