i was looking for something in the kitchen to cook the other day. i didn't have much, but i didn't want to go to the store (because one mile to drive is just so far away). i found some frozen green beans, but didn't want boring old green beans, so i searched the creative portion of my brain to think of a recipe to doctor these boring GBs up. and i thought of an asian peanut sauce! i had made a peanut sauce for something else before, so i just kinda guessed with what i could remember of the recipe and made sure i didn't overdo it. this is what i came up with and it was SO good that i wanted to share!
green beans with peanut sauce
1 tbs soy sauce (i used la choy brand, which is gluten free)
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 2 medium garlic cloves, minced)
1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tbs peanut butter
1 bag frozen green beans (usually 1 lb)
1. toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan (no oil) until lightly browned, then set aside.
2. cook the green beans as directed.
3. while the beans are cooking, mix together soy sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar, peanut butter, and sesame seeds.
4. fold in the mix with the green beans while beans are still hot. enjoy!
- make sure you mix ingredients before you add the mix to the green beans. you want it covered evenly in order for it to taste optimal!
- if you don't have sesame seeds, don't worry about it. they're fun and good, but not necessary.