my in-laws (must i call them that? it sounds so formal!) are so great! when i was born, i was blessed by an awesome, circus-like family, which is soo much fun and i love them like crazy. but to be put into another great family when i got married? that's just too much good to be given to me from jesus. (we are missing a few ppl in the pic above: matt, jana, and sean. but it's okay. they were replaced by the creepy guy to the left in the green shirt oogling at our weirdness.)
to show how awesome they are (and to describe them a little bit), i want to leave you with an e-mail that was circulated through the klentzman family (that i do believe was found and edited by my dear sister jill). you have heard of the 5 love languages book, have you not? well, this version of the book would be called "The 5 Love Languages: Klentzman Edition":
(1) teasing (the Klentzman edition parallel to ''): making fun of you = we love you a lot and think you're great!
(2) food (the Klentzman edition equivalent to 'gifts'): if we love you, we want to feed you and feed you and feed you--I hope you're not diabetic! (specific examples include homemade ice cream with Mrs. Boothe cake and VATS of cookies)
(3) competition (sort of the Klentzman edition parallel to 'quality time'): we enjoy your company and express this by attempting to pound you to a pulp in a card game, a fun sport (frisbee, knock-out, kickball, etc.) or video game.
(4) pain: see 'physical touch' in older versions of the book
(5) acts of service: this one has the same title as in the older versions of the book, though there is some uniqueness in implementation in the Klentzman edition... For example, we will force you to let us help you even if you don't want us to. If we love you, we'll certainly BE THERE for you. If you need your space, that's a personal problem (which we would offer to come over and help you with as well). [Side note: we aren't easily offended, so if you truly don't want our help and tell us, we won't be hurt or upset. We'll understand that you really want us there, you just don't realize it and we'll be sure to come help you.] Also, if we love you, we'll volunteer you for opportunities to help others as well. (This could go under 'gifts' also since we're giving you the opportunity to feel wonderful about helping someone.)
isn't that great?! it is all SO true.