so, some people don't eat enough greens. and then on top of that, when something like kale is mentioned -- it's definitely not something that makes one think "YUM!"
if this is you, and you want to start eating healthier, this recipe is great to start with. it's a good way to get your greens in. they are very yummy and taste like healthier, home-made potato chips. also, after trying these, feel free to play with the spices. if you think you might like more salt, add more. if you like cayenne pepper or chili powder, add it!
1 bunch kale
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 gallon plastic ziploc bag
1. pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
3. remove kale leaves from their thick stems.
4. tear leaves into bite-size pieces.
5. wash leaves.
6. fully dry leaves - either with a salad spinner, or leaving them to dry for a couple of minutes on top of some paper towels.
7. place leaves, olive oil, and salt in plastic bag.
8. shake it up (vigorously, to use mark's favorite word) until all leaves are covered.
9. pour leaves out onto lined cookie sheet and spread out as best as possible.
10. bake for 10-15 minutes, or until edges of leaves are brown and crisp.
11. take out of oven and enjoy!